On September 11th the fire safety masterclass Next Generation was held at the TU/e. The masterclass was well-attended by both students and professionals. During this interesting afternoon the following three thesis’s were nominated for the IFV-VVBA thesis award:
- Evaluation of the burning behavior of wood products, in the context of strutural fire designArne Inghelbrecht – IMFSE, Universiteit Gent (masterscriptie)
- Van trappen op de rem naar fluitend richting de inzet
Thijs Geertsema – Integrale veiligheidskunde, Saxion Enschede (bachelorscriptie)
- Brandwerendheid vloerconstructie bij een natuurlijke parkeergaragebrand
Ruben Dijkstra – Bouwkunde, Windesheim Zwolle (bachelorscriptie)
This IFV-VVBA thesis award is an annually given award for the best Master or Bachelor thesis in the field of fire safety in the Netherlands and Flanders.
The thesis’s were assessed by the thesis commission of VVBA, consisting of David den Boer(Peutz) and Ruud van Herpen(Nieman, TU/e), on the next aspects:
- The significance of the thesis for fire safety;
- The actuality of the topic;
- Problem definition, research objective, plan of action;
- In-depth, applied boundary conditions and vision;
- Conclusion and recommendations;
- Level of innovation;
- Level of applicability;
- layout, design, readability.
The nominees will present their thesis during the FSS Congress (Fire Safety and Science) organized by the IFV on the 5th of November. Afterwards the winner will be announced. The thesis’s can be seen at www.fellowfse.nl.