During this year’s studytrip several researches will be conducted. The subject of the fourth assignment is the urban heat island effect. The assignment description can be found by pressing the document icon on the left.
Short assignment description
3 students + 1 commission member
Investigation on the heat island effect for several locations in and around Beijing.
– Measure ground and air temperature (outdoor) on several locations during study trip
– At Qianmen Primary School Beijing (inner city)
– Suburb area Beijing
– Great Wall of China (rural area)
– Investigate location characteristics
– Compare measured results with meteorological data of other locations (Chinese KNMI)
– Determine the UHI effect and compare the results with values found in literature
Expected results of this research:
For this assignment, an encompassed research article will be conducted of 4 pages, including literature study, method description and a comparison of the results with reference data. The report guidelines can be downloaded by pressing the document icon on the left.
01/05/2015 Hand-in interim report
14/05/2015 – 25/05/2015 Measurements during trip
12/06/2015 Hand-in final report